- users and
- applications to authenticate against it.
It is fully compatible with Microsoft Windows client stations (XP, 7, 8) and represents an alternative to Microsoft Active Directory Server.
Users, groups, VPN certificates and DNS records are managed through a web interface, on the VapourApps dashboard.
This virtual server, is based on a pre-configured Debian system and the latest stable version of Samba.
- Fully functional primary domain controller
- Domain policies (GPO) are also available like password duration and password complexity
- Nagios remote plugin execution agent (NRPE) for 24×7 monitoring and reporting of availability and performance is also implemented
- LDAP versions 2 and 3 is available and external applications can easily authenticate against it
Why use this app?
What are the hardware requirements for this app?
The whole system is bundled into a pre-installed image which can be installed on a physical or virtual server. Hardware requirements depend
upon the amount of users and data. For up-to 100 users, 10GB Hard disk, 1GB RAM, Ethernet interface and 2GHz CPU should suffice.
How can i install the app on my server?
You should download the image from our website and set it up as a separate server. You will be prompted for the domain name after the initial boot of the server. Information regarding your initial credentials will be provided on the VapourApps dashboard, on e-mail or on screen.
How to join a Windows computer (XP/7/8/10) to the Directory?
You just need to go through the same process as if joining it to a regular Microsoft Windows Domain Controller.
You don’t need to install anything extra or configure anything extra.
How are passwords managed?
VapourApps administrator can set passwords for the users and enforce change upon first login. Users can change their own passwords from their own computers as well. Password complexity and password expiry can be configured on a domain level (for all users).